If you represent a school or community group or organization that would like to participate in the Oct. 18 Village Parade, below are the registration guidelines and instructions. The parade is an annual tradition on homecoming weekend. It begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Elementary School parking lot.
Registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 14 at 5 p.m. No groups or vehicles may join the parade without a complete registration.
Participants meet in the parking lot of Ottawa Hills Elementary School (in the car circle) at the designated times:
- 4:45 p.m.: High School Marching Band and all groups and organizations
- 5 p.m.: Freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior class floats and participants and Homecoming Court?
The parade leave the OHES parking lot precisely at 5:30 p.m., led by the the Village fire/police department. The parade arrive at the football stadium at 6 p.m. Upon arrival, vehicles will be parked in designated areas.
Village Life Parade guidelines and instructions
(from the Office of Village Life)
- This is a parade to celebrate our community. The parade consists of school/community groups or organizations only. Commercial or political advertising on vehicles is not permitted.
- School and community groups may walk, pull wagons, or use a vehicle such as a car, minivan, SUV, or truck.
- Vehicles must be driven by adults who are age 25 or older. Vehicles must not be overloaded with passengers. We suggest one car per group and the rest of the group can walk alongside the vehicle.
- Each vehicle must have two designated adults positioned on either side of the vehicle to ensure parade spectators remain a safe distance from parade traffic.
- Riding on the outside of any vehicle is not permitted.
- Vehicle decorations are strongly encouraged but must not obstruct the driver’s view.
- If the group is not using a vehicle, at least one adult needs to accompany the group.
- Your group is encouraged to bring candy to toss to parade spectators.
- All students not participating in the parade and other community members are invited to line the route of the parade wearing green and white and then join the fun in the stadium that evening for the football game and Homecoming festivities.
- Parade spectators are to remain in the grass and shall not approach any vehicle.
- Travel at a safe distance from the vehicle/group in front of you.
- Candy must be tossed to the grass. DO NOT toss it in the road.
- Do not exit the float or vehicle on the parade route.
- Marshals will be dispersed along the parade route to direct traffic.
- At the end of the parade, please follow these instructions:
- All parade vehicles and participants will turn right on Ashborne to complete the parade.
- Class floats and Homecoming Court will proceed to the high school parking lot.
- All other vehicles will park in designated areas on Ashborne Place and Osborn Street.