The following message was sent by Principal Kori Kawczynski to parents and guardians of students at Ottawa Hills Elementary School:
Dear Green Bear Parents,
I hope this message finds all of you safe and healthy!
With confirmation that schools will be closed through the rest of the 2019-2020 school year, our team has been working on a plan to help families collect their children’s belongings from the school. We have created the below schedule for a parent or guardian to come to the school safely to collect your child’s belongings.
Please plan to pick up your child’s belongings on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, according to the schedule below.
- All of your child’s belongings will be placed in a labeled bag, organized by grade/teacher on the front sidewalk by the circle. Separate tables will be outside with yearbooks and student medications. No one will enter the building. When you arrive, please pull into the circle as far forward as possible. Wait for a staff signal to get out of your car, go to your child’s class(es), take the appropriate bag(s), and make your way to the yearbook and/or medication tables before going back to your car.
- Please consider wearing a face mask of any variety and gloves to pick up your child’s belongings. We will not prevent you from participating without mask and/or gloves, but this will help staff and families feel safer through this process.
- Please do your best to come at your assigned time if at all possible. If you have more than one child in multiple grades, you will be able to collect the belongings for each of your children in one visit.
- Within your scheduled pick-up time, please pull into the drop-off/pick-up circle as far forward as possible.
- Stay in your car until a staff member signals to you to get out of your car.
- Only one delegated person will be allowed out of each car. If a non-family member is picking up your child’s belongings, please send a note with that person giving permission to pick up on your behalf. We will not collect the notes, but will ask to view the note. This may be on paper or on a cell phone.
- Only ten (10) people will be allowed out of their cars at a time. As parents leave the circle, another parent will be given the cue to begin the pick-up process.
- Please locate your teacher’s area (staff will guide you if needed), and retrieve your child’s belongings.
- Please locate the yearbook table, and pick up your child(ren)’s yearbook.
- Please maintain at least 6-feet of social distancing at all times and follow all directives by school officials throughout the process to make the process as efficient as possible.
We will attempt to move the line quickly and efficiently, and anticipate this will be a fast process. Because of our need to be efficient, and to keep our staff safe with social distancing, we ask you to refrain from engaging in more than brief conversations with school staff and/or community members throughout this process. We are excited to see everyone, but must move approximately 450 people through the circle in a very short span of time.
Just a reminder: If you are not interested in picking up your child’s belongings, this is okay. We will not be able to donate items that are left, due to COVID19, so items left will be disposed of at the end of the week. Please know that there will not be another opportunity to gather your child’s belongings, should you change your mind. If you are opting out, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can mark our rosters accordingly.
Yearbooks not collected will be held in the office until school is back in session and/or schools re-open for business. We will not throw your child’s yearbook away. A yearbook-signing day will be planned at the beginning of next school year, along with some fun activities to bring closure to the 2019-2020 school year. These activities will largely depend on the governor’s permission to re-open schools on time for the 2020-2021 school year. Stay tuned!
||# STUDENTS/COMBINED GRADES
|Kindergarten and 5th Grade
|1st Grade and 4th Grade
|2nd Grade and 3rd Grade
||11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
|6th Grade and Alternate Pick-up Time
|Alternate Pick-Up Time
If you are unable to pick up your child’s belongings on this date, please contact Kori Kawczynski at email@example.com to make special arrangements. We thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Principal Kori Kawczynski by phone at 419-509-0515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.