The Elementary School is planning its annual Halloween Parade for 2020. But due to COVID-19, some processes will be different than in past years. We are excited to again have Superintendent Dr. Adam Fineske joining the celebration; he will be wearing a costume that received the most votes by students in the 6th Grade.
As families begin to make plans, Principal Kori Kawczynski is sharing important information:
- Date: Friday, Oct. 30.
- School day begins: 9:10 a.m. (note the time change!)
- Student drop-off: 9-9:10 a.m. Students will arrive at the building dressed in costumes and safety face masks. Please have students carry any costume masks into the building at drop-off. Their foreheads need to be accessible for temperature checks until they are in the building. Costumes should not promote violence and should be age appropriate. Masks may not obscure a child’s vision.
Parade Start Times
During the parade, students must wear a face mask throughout the parade. Remote students are invited to attend the parade with a family member/adult friend, but are asked to stay with their adult.
- 9:30 a.m.: Halloween parade around the Elementary School grounds (see route below)
- 9:30 a.m.: 6th Grade Parade
- 9:45 a.m.: Kindergarten Parade
- 10 a.m.: 1st Grade Parade
- 10:15 a.m. 2nd Grade Parade
- 10:30 a.m.: 3rd Grade Parade
- 10:45 a.m.: 4th Grade Parade
- 11 a.m.: 5th Grade Parade
Parade Route (see map)
Parents are invited to attend the parade and spread out along the route; if they do, mask wearing and social distancing is required.
- Exit Indian Road door
- Walk around the building and thru the circle (following the sidewalk toward the football stadium)
- Wrap around to the sidewalk between the baseball fields
- Re-enter the building by the new gym
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: All students go home for lunch and change out of Halloween costumes. If parents/guardians are not able to be home with a child, please make arrangements for them during the lunch break. There is no YCare during the lunch hour.
- 1-1:10 p.m. Students may enter the building.
- 1-2:50 p.m. Students return to school for a classroom movie. Students need to bring their own pre-packaged snack to enjoy during the movie.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelley Mattocks (email@example.com) in the elementary office, 419-536-8329. Thank you for your cooperation.