The new five-member board poses for their first photo op. Pictured (left to right) are Kate Pixler, Rob Gnepper, Maara Fink, Lisa Brown, and Corey Hupp.
It was a night of new faces and new leadership for the Ottawa Hills Board of Education. At its annual organizational meeting, the board Wednesday unanimously chose Rob Gnepper as its new president and Maara Fink as its new vice president.
The meeting also featured the swearing-in of Lisa Brown, a first-time board member who won election in November. The board also filled a vacancy by appointing past board member Corey Hupp to a two-year term. The board also set its meeting calendar for 2020.
In recognition of Ohio School Board Appreciation Month, Superintendent Dr. Adam Fineske honored the members for their service and presented each with a certificate of appreciation.
The board assigned the following members to these local and statewide groups:
- Village Council Liaison: Rob Gnepper
- Ohio School Boards Association and the Northwest Ohio School Board Legislative Liaison: Corey Hupp
- Ottawa Hills Schools Parent Association: Maara Fink
- Ottawa Hills Boosters Association: Corey Hupp
- Ottawa Hills Music & Theatre Association: Lisa Brown
- International Student Exchange Association: Kate Pixler
- Ottawa Hills Foundation: Kate Pixler
- Joint Recreation Board: Rob Gnepper
- OH21: Lisa Brown
- Ottawa Hills Schools Foundation: Maara Fink and Corey Hupp
The following board members will serve on committees of Superintendent Dr. Adam Fineske:
- Finance and Audit: Rob Gnepper and Corey Hupp
- Personnel: Lisa Brown and Kate Pixler
- Curriculum: Lisa Brown and Maara Fink
- Buildings and Grounds: Rob Gnepper and Corey Hupp
- Policy and Legislation: Maara Fink and Kate Pixler
- Community Relations: Lisa Brown and Maara Fink